« Back       Contact information  •  History  •  Access & Facilities  •  Bibliography

ArcheoBiblioBase: Archives in Russia: H-206

Last update of repository: 18 March 2020

Istoriko-literaturnyi muzei goroda Pushkina (Leningrad Oblast)

Previous names
1977–1996   Muzei istorii g. Pushkina
[Museum of the History of the Town of Pushkin]
The museum was founded in 1977 as a Museum of History of the Town of Pushkin (Tsarskoe Selo before 1918, Detskoe Selo from 1918–1937). In 1986, it was moved into the building of the city administration, and it became a branch of the State Museum of the History of Leningrad—after 1991 of St. Petersburg (H–200). In the summer of 1996, it became an independent state museum and assumed its present name. Although the Tsarskoe Selo Palace-Park Museum-Preserve (see H–227) reverted to its traditional name in 1992 (and the name of the railroad station remained Detskoe Selo [Tsarskoe Selo]), as of the end of 1998, the town itself, and hence the museum, retains the name of Pushkin.

ABB ArcheoBiblioBase Archeo Biblio Base Patricia Kennedy Grimsted