« Back Contact information • History • Holdings • Access & Facilities • Bibliography
ArcheoBiblioBase: Archives in Russia: D-25Last update of repository: 7 December 2020
Leningradskii oblastnoi gosudarstvennyi arkhiv v g. Vyborge (LOGAV)
Total: 3,321 fonds, 9 collections, 1,201,110 units, 17th c.–2010
institutional fonds—871,466 units; personal papers—1,279 units; personnel records—286,294 units
As now organized in Vyborg, LOGAV holds records of postrevolutionary institutions and organizations of provenance in and/or pertaining to Leningrad Oblast (Guberniia), including oblast agencies based in the city of St. Petersburg itself, as well as a large part of the records of prerevolutionary Vyborg Guberniia.
Prerevolutionary records from Vyborg Guberniia include those of the Guberniia Administration, the Offices of Crown Vogts and Lensmen, guberniia police institutions, Lagman and district courts, and the Royal Court of Vyborg from the seventeenth century to 1917. There are local school records in national languages (Russian, Finnish, and Swedish), and records of various religious organizations and institutions, including collections of parish registers.
The archive houses collections of prerevolutionary maps, plans, and drafts of the city and guberniia of Vyborg, and of Kuopio and Mikkeli provinces, including administrative, topographic, agricultural, geological, and hydrographic maps, plans of railways and waterways, bridges, channels, water supply, sewage, and telephone networks.
Among postrevolutionary materials are the records of the Vyborg City Soviet and its Executive Council starting in 1917, along with those of administrative and judicial institutions of the oblast and their departments. The archive houses fonds of separate institutions of Petrograd-Leningrad from 1917: records of revolutionary tribunals and investigation committees (1917–1918), as well the records of courts and public prosecutors' offices, the administrations of trade and public food supply, and consumer and production cooperatives. From early postrevolutionary years in Petrograd and its guberniia are the fonds of Petrograd Labor Commune and the Food Supply Committee. These include documentation on the creation of the Red Guard and the activities of food supply brigades. Starting in 1927, there are fonds of raion-level administrative organs, including educational institutions and health service agencies, along with those of local industry.
Industrial and commercial records include those of the Vyborg Shipyard, the Vyborg Instrumental Plant, the Vyborg Electric Instruments Plant, and the Lesogorsk plant of Synthetic Fibers, as well as paper mills in Svetogorsk, Vyborg, and Priozersk. The agricultural sector is represented by the records of the Oblast Administration of Agriculture (from 1927), of trusts, collective farms, and machine-tractor stations.
From the period of World War II, records remain of the Administration of Trade for Consumer Goods and the Main Administration of Public Food Supply, with data on the organization of supplying the population during the period of the Blockade.
Personal papers include those of prominent figures of industry, agriculture and culture of Leningrad Oblast. The personal fond of the head of the Vyborg Provincial Archive, R.N. Rozen, includes scholarly works on the history of the Vyborg province and archival science. Personal papers of the director of the state farm Red Plowman (“Krasnyi pakhar'”) are also preserved. There is a special collection of documents of the veterans of World War II.
N.B. Many of the prerevolutionary records from Vyborg Guberniia are now held in Finland—in the National Archives and in the Mikkeli Provincial Archives.