« Back Contact information • History • Access & Facilities • Bibliography
ArcheoBiblioBase: Archives in Russia: H-252Last update of repository: 18 March 2020
Gosudarstvennyi literaturno-memorial'nyi muzei F.M. Dostoevskogo
The museum was founded in 1968 on the initiative of G.M. Fridlender and other scholars at the Institute of Russian Literature (PD/IRLI AN SSSR, E–28) with the support of A.A. Prokof'ev, the head of the Leningrad Branch of the Union of Writers. It was opened in 1971 in the apartment where the Russian writer Fedor Mikhailovich Dostoevskii (1821–1881), lived from 1878 until his death in 1881.
Earlier the museum had two branches, the Anna Akhmatova Museum in the Fontanka (Fountain) House (Muzei Anny Akhmatovoi v Fontannom Dome) (H–253) and the M.M. Zoshchenko Literary Memorial Museum (Literaturno-memorial'nyi muzei M.M. Zoshchenko) (now 20th Century State Literary Museum, H–256), both of which are now administered independently.
Archival materials are held in three different divisions of the museum.