« Back Contact information • History • Access & Facilities • Bibliography
ArcheoBiblioBase: Archives in Russia: E-54Last update of repository: 15 March 2020
Peterburgskii institut iadernoi fiziki im. B.P. Konstantinova Natsional'nogo issledovatel'skogo tsentra “Kurchatovskii institut” (PIIaF)
The Petersburg Institute of Nuclear Physics (PNPI, as the English acronym) was established in 1971 as a separate institute within the Division of Nuclear Physics of the Academy of Sciences on the basis of the nuclear laboratory, which since 1954 had functioned as a branch of the A.F. Ioffe Physico-Technical Institute of the Academy of Sciences (see E-33). It was named after the physicist Boris Pavlovich Konstantinov (1910–1969), who had been associated with the development of the laboratory. As a result of extensive reorganization in 2010 B.P. Konstantinov Petersburg Nuclear Physics Institute (PIIaF) became part of the Kurchatov Institute National Research Center (NITs KI, E–51) together with other six different institutions.
The Public Information Center (Informatsionno-obshchestvennyi tsentr) was established in 1995, which included the Museum of the Institute and the Memorial Cabinet of Academician B.P. Konstantinov. In 2006 the Center was reorganized as the Museum of the Institute of Nuclear Physics.