« Back Contact information • History • Access & Facilities • Bibliography
ArcheoBiblioBase: Archives in Russia: E-3Last update of repository: 15 March 2020
Institut rossiiskoi istorii RAN (IRI)
The predecessor Institute of History of the Academy of Sciences of the USSR was established in 1936. In 1968, it was split into the Institute of History of the USSR and the Institute of General History. The former was renamed the Institute of Russian History in 1991. Former Branch of the Institute (SPbF IRI) remained in St. Petersburg became the independent St. Petersburg Institute of History in 2000 (E–27).
The Division of Manuscript Fonds was established in 1948 on the basis of materials collected by the Commission for the History of the Great Patriotic War, and has been known as the Scientific Archive since 1975.