« Back Contact information • History • Access & Facilities • Bibliography
ArcheoBiblioBase: Archives in Russia: E-9Last update of repository: 15 March 2020
Institut russkogo iazyka im. V.V. Vinogradova RAN (IRIa)
The Institute was established in 1944 in Moscow, with a branch in Leningrad. Merged with the Institute of Language and Thought in 1950, in 1958 it was reestablished as a separate institute. In 1995, it was renamed in honor of Viktor Vladimirovich Vinogradov (1894/95–1969), Russian linguistics and literature specialist, academician and director of the Institute of Linguistics (1950–1954), and subsequently the founding director of the Institute of the Russian Language (1958–1968). The Manuscript Division was established in 1958.
N.B. Archival records of the Institute of 1944–1999 has been deposited in the Archive of the Russian Academy of Sciences (ARAN—E–1, fond 680, 298 units). Archival records of the Moscow Division of the Institute of Language and Thought of 1937–1950 has been deposited in fond 678 (336 units). The annotations of these fonds available electronically on the electronic informational system of ARAN: fond 678: http://www.isaran.ru/isaran/isaran.ph...; fond 680: http://www.isaran.ru/isaran/isaran.ph....
Many of Vinogradov’s personal papers have been deposited in the Archive of the Academy (ARAN—E–1, fond 1602, 573 units, 1911–1970; electronically: http://www.isaran.ru/isaran/isaran.ph...).